Why do you need a card? Library cards are necessary for checking out items, accessing the online databases and using the computers, both here in the library and in the computer center.
- Resident accounts are available for those who live in the City of Takoma Park. After three years you will need to renew your card. There is no charge.
- Accounts are also free for those who work or go to school in Takoma Park, or live elsewhere in Montgomery County. After one year you will need to renew your card.
- Non-resident accounts cost $60 per year for residents of other jurisdictions (PG County; DC; etc.) who don't work or go to school in Takoma Park.
- Bring a photo ID. If your current address is different from the one on your ID, please bring proof of residence as well. This could be a printed check, utility bill, bank statement, MVA card, or a lease.
WHILE WE ARE CLOSED, PLEASE COMPLETE THIS STEP ONLINE.
- If you are a child we will use your parent's ID if your parent accompanies you when you get your card. You can also take the application home, bring it back with all signatures, and we will mail the library card to your parent to give to you.
- New to this library? You can now fill out an application for an account online.
Please don't fill out a new application if you just lost your card, or your PIN, or want to renew.
If you are having problems with your card, need a replacement, a renewal, or need us to validate a new card, PLEASE REGISTER HERE. We can do this remotely.
Do you work in Takoma Park or are you currently registered at either
the Takoma Park campus of Montgomery College or
Washington Adventist University ?
To get your free card please bring proof of current registration or employment, as well as standard identification.
Students at the four local public and parochial schools are also eligible for free cards.
- Takoma Park Elementary School
- Piney Branch Elementary School
- Takoma Park Middle School
- Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School
Do you actually live in the City? Please call us at 301-891-7259 and we will check your address. Receiving your mail through the Takoma Park post office does not mean you live here.